Skip to content

Delaware Underage Drinking Laws

It is illegal to drink alcoholic beverages under the legal drinking age of 21 in Delaware. If you or your child or relative has been charged with underage consumption it can exert severe and negative consequences on your life for years to come, particularly if you were driving under the influence. An underage consumption conviction can result in severe consequences such as a mandatory suspension of your driving privileges, monetary fines, court costs as well as community service.

Underage Consumption Attorneys Serving All of Delaware

Underage consumption can happen anywhere in Delaware. Whether you or your child are in the city of Wilmington, the suburbs, beginning or attending college at one of the universities in Delaware, or at a party near your home it may make sense to consult with a qualified and experienced Delaware Underage Consumption Lawyer if you have been arrested for Underage Consumption.

Delaware Mandatory Minimum Sentences for Underaged Consumption

Being a good underage drinking defense lawyer not only involves being knowledgeable in terms of the law. Of equal importance is knowing how to navigate through the legal system in an attempt to obtain you the most favorable outcome. Protecting your rights, your future as well as your reputation are of primary importance. Negotiating with the prosecution is also extremely important in these situations. Thoroughly reviewing police and arrest reports for probable cause are necessary as well.

Contact a Skilled Delaware Underage Consumption Lawyer

I am Delaware Lawyer Brian J. Chapman and I have been serving the accused in Delaware for many years. Having been a prosecutor I know both sides of criminal and juvenile law in Delaware. Let me put my vast experience to work for you. I will competently and thoroughly defend your rights while trying to minimize the consequences. Contact my office at 302-656-2528. Or, email me here.

I proudly serve juveniles and their families throughout all of Delaware. In addition, I serve college students accused of crimes. If you attend University of Delaware, Widener University, Wesley College, Delaware State University, Goldey Beacom College or Wilmington University I can help protect your rights as well as your academic future.