Delaware Harassment Laws
Harassment is a serious offense in the state of Delaware. It is a misdemeanor that is often associated with other charges such as stalking, menacing and disorderly conduct. If you have been accused of harassment in Delaware you should speak to a Delaware Harassment Defense Lawyer today.
Harassment Defense in Delaware
Do not wait to call me, Wilmington Delaware Harassment Defense Attorney Brian J. Chapman to discuss your case. My office is located on King Street and can be reached by dialing 302-656-2528. I routinely defend those accused of harassment and other crimes throughout all of Delaware.
Delaware Harassment Laws
§ 1311. Harassment; class A misdemeanor.
(a) A person is guilty of harassment when, with intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person:
(1) That person insults, taunts or challenges another person or engages in any other course of alarming or distressing conduct which serves no legitimate purpose and is in a manner which the person knows is likely to provoke a violent or disorderly response or cause a reasonable person to suffer fear, alarm, or distress;
(2) Communicates with a person by telephone, telegraph, mail or any other form of written or electronic communication in a manner which the person knows is likely to cause annoyance or alarm including, but not limited to, intrastate telephone calls initiated by vendors for the purpose of selling goods or services;
(3) Knowingly permits any telephone under that person’s control to be used for a purpose prohibited by this section;
(4) In the course of a telephone call that person uses obscene language or language suggesting that the recipient of the call engage with that person or another person in sexual relations of any sort, knowing that the person is thereby likely to cause annoyance or alarm to the recipient of the call; or
(5) Makes repeated or anonymous telephone calls to another person whether or not conversation ensues, knowing that person is thereby likely to cause annoyance or alarm.
(b) Harassment is a class A misdemeanor.
How a Delaware Harassment Defense Lawyer Can Help You
If you are facing harassment charges in Delaware please contact me, Delaware Harassment Defense Attorney Brian J. Chapman to discuss your case. My office can be reached by dialing 302-656-2528. Or, email me, Sussex County Delaware Harassment Lawyer Brian J. Chapman here. I offer free consultations to those accused of harassment and other crimes throughout all of Delaware.